Address field - set location

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #44896 by Hansi
Hello Geo-Team,

I am very excited about the Geommunity3 component (Version 1.5.15) for EasySocial. Sadly I have stumbled over my first show stopper when I tried to setup the map within the registration page at my localhost apache server (XAMPP).

Sadly the map is not loading at the user registration page or in the backend even though API is registered and active.

In addition I got this error at the frontpage but think this might be related to the users as none of them has any geodata.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Mike
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Hansi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44897 by nordmograph
Hello,
In EasySocial, the profile field map is managed by ES itself. Geommunity concentrates on the map.
The error message on your second screenshot seeme to be caused by the face that maybe you enabled porfiletypes map with only one profiletype. Double check your settings.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44901 by Hansi
Replied by Hansi on topic Address field - set location
Hello nordmograph,
Thank you for your swift reply. Much appreciated.

As I didn't trust my localhost setup, I installed a fresh version of ES and Geommunity on my server and kept all settings as they are. You've been right, the error at the second picture was related to settings.

Sadly the map and find location button aren't working at the front or backend. Attached, please find two pictures to show the map (top part of website) and the registration site of the frontend (lower part of website).

The same problem still exists at the backend. Therefore the users can't register theire LAT/LON nor can I set it manually.

Any idea what could be the reason for that?

Best Regards...
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #44902 by Hansi
Hello Nordmograph,
now I know what's the problem. I can't us the geolocation option if the page is not having a HTTPS protocol:

your page is being served over HTTP not HTTPS, and geolocation is only available if the page is served securely since Chrome 50, Safari 10, and Firefox 55.

Therefore I have to get a certificate first. It would be good if you would mention that within your description or documentation. Did not see that paragraph before ... This did cost me 5 hours to understand what happened. *ouch

The good thing is, my provider offers a free SSL solution. So setting this up should be easy.

The main map and geolocation is working now but sadly the registration map is still not working. Can you check if this works on your demo page? You've deactivated "registration" so I can't test.

Sincerely,
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Hansi.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44907 by Hansi
Hi,
sadly the registration map is still not working.

Only if I remove the option "use maps" (see attached) I can see the address fields of the ADDRESS field. But I am not able to open a map when activating the option.

After activation it will show the button "find location" in the center of the map but nothing is visible and it won't find the ADDRESS.

Any ideas?

Can you check if this works on your demo page? You've deactivated "registration" so I can't test.
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #44909 by nordmograph
There is no registration Map in Geommunity for ES.
Only use the Core ES Address field. And don't add maps to the form page or it may conflict.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hansi

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds