some questions

More
9 years 8 months ago #24325 by virgilioverlingieri
hello, just need some explanations.
i tried to setup all the stuff as you said in a different post, following the documentation. everything is installed perfectly, map appearing in the right place but without anything on it.
here my questions:
1- do i have to populate with new account (after installation) to see them on the map ?
2- i suppose that the geolocator works in this mode: i have a smartphone and i want to post a photo with a comment in a group. well, does this module put the right coords into the system so that i can see the album and the user location on the map ?
3- are the activities made by users logged and geotagged automatically so that i can see activities on the map ?

thanks in advance for the reply.
virgilio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #24326 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic some questions
1. If the map is empty it might be because your user don't have coordinates.
There are 2 ways for users to get Coordinates:
Jomsocial way: Let users fill in their postal address and make sure the Jomsocial configuration is set properly for Geocoding (Jomsocial configuration->integrations tab)

GeommunityGeolocator way: Set this Jomsocial profile plugin as 'core application' so users can click on the map on their own profiles and save their location.

No activities are not displayed on the map. Maybe in a future update. For now Users, photos, videos and events ...

Hope it helps

Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 8 months ago #24331 by virgilioverlingieri
Replied by virgilioverlingieri on topic some questions
ok. no problem for activities, but when i upload a photo or a video, are them geotagged and marked on the map automatically ??

More
9 years 8 months ago #24333 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic some questions
No, Jomsocial doesn't do that, you need to use the (provided) batch geocoder for medias.
www.geommunity3.com/support/documentatio...-batch-geocoder.html

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds