Only event of my choosing to show up in map

More
9 years 4 months ago #26038 by salserosclub
Hello!

Not sure if someone asked this already. But here are a couple of questions:

Background: I have a social networking website (using Jomsocial). I am using Geommunity3 as an "event finder." I want people to look in the map and find events near them type-of-deal.

1) I would like the map to show events from profiles I pick only.

2) Is there a way to have a user marker/exact location show up on the map? Meaning: I want users to be able to see where they are exactly. On mobile at least.

Are these possible? I tried different setting, but I can't figure it out. Please help. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #26040 by nordmograph
Hello

1. I don't understand your question, please precise.
2. Yes enable html geolocation in the module settings.
VIsitors will then have to allow sharing location with thir browser and the map will then be centered on their own loaction.

Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 4 months ago #26125 by salserosclub
Hello,

1)
I created several profiles, let's call them P1, P2, P3, P4...
I want to show events only from profiles P2, P3, & P4 ONLY.
I do not want to show specific fields
I do not want to show profiles on map, only events, nothing else.
How do I do this?

2)
I enabled geolocation. But, I don't see an indicator of where I am on mobile version like in the picture. Does Geommunity have the ability to do so?

3)
One more issue that came up, when I click on the even on the map, then I click on "Visit Event" I get the following error:
"ERROR
Sorry, we cannot find the specific event."
Any ideas?

Thank you very much. Awesome component :)

More
9 years 4 months ago #26126 by salserosclub
Not sure why the picture didn't show.

Trying again...
Attachments:

More
9 years 4 months ago #26127 by salserosclub
One other thing:

4)
When I do a "Marker Search" nothing happens...

More
9 years 4 months ago #26129 by nordmograph
Hi
Happy you like it.
1. You can choose to only show events in your map settings of the component.
Events are not related to profiles and can not be filtered accordingly (out of the box... It would require some custom development)

2. html5 geolocation shows differently according the browser. In general it asks the 1st time the page is visited , the user to share location. If accepted, the brwser will not ask anymore and geolocate automatically the user for the upcoming visits.

3. it seems like a missing Itemid setting issue.
To be sure you can disable SEF and compare the urls.
Make sure you filled in the itemid value for Events in the component options.

4. It can be a javascript issue on the page.
Post a url of the map so I can gove more info.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds