geommunity + easyblog

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #28830 by titus77
Hi,

First, I just make some search on google cause i'd like to include easyblog post in my maps with geommunity...
I just had taped "geommunity + easyblog" => ok it works now ! So cool !!
So i just renew Geommunity3 and really happy first !

Installation done, i see the new module is working witha new component, it was a good surprise...
Before i realize that the module has really completely change.

As i'm on jomsocial, i renew with new version and just think that as before all will be include in one module with amazing features and filters ! But what it become ?

Some features were pretty cool.. eg groups joomla, designing bubbles info, adsense, sobi ..., ...
The only thing which was to add were some other possibilities to add some latitude and longitude by their own (ex for integrate Jreviews !), and Easyblog because of easyblogpost module that is really a pity. No possibilities to filter by categories, or on the map, ....

Well, all that say... i realise now, that you only give possibility to include easyblog's post from the Geommunity3 for Easysocial... Why only for this version ???

I understand that the reason is to make development more easy and to update your product quickly...
But that is really surprising since i know this product from several years... That version just seems to a light version :(
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #28831 by titus77
Replied by titus77 on topic A bad surprise...
i don't make a critic of your work that is excellent... But i was really disappointed.
It was a swiss knife... Today it is just a good module for jomsocial.
But you really need to make easyblog open for all social component... Cause, it is a really good product as easysocial is too... But Jomsocial has today more compatibility with all other components, so that several sites stay on it.

More
8 years 9 months ago #28834 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic A bad surprise...
Hello Titus,

Sorry for this disappointment.
Geommunity3 is lighter in term of weight, but it's much more powerfull in term of performances.
It's true it has fewer features but features that have ben removed where very mostly unused.
Previous version had turned into a very heavy mess of unused features. This is why it has been split in 3 versions and focused on core features optimisation.
The Jomsocial version still integrates very most ( if not every) Jomsocial location objects.

Easyblog was not included in previous version, and is only part of the easysocial version of Geommunity3.
But if you want I can ask for that integration a s a custom (paid) work. Maybe it would be affordable. Email providing your site url if you want a quick quote.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds