[solved] Events don't display proper info

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #29926 by timmyers15
Hi. I am having an issue mapping JS Events on Geommunity 3. When I add a JS Event, the marker correctly displays on the proper coordinates. When I click the marker, however, the popup does not display the Event title, and the Date is listed as "Wednesday December 31, 1969". If I try to click the event popup to navigate to the Event itself, I receive an error message saying the event cannot be found.

Any idea on what might cause this?

Thanks

Tim
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #29927 by timmyers15
Here is some more info:

Please go to this link:
triptrackgo.com/index.php/testevents

The Geommunity module is at the bottom. You'll notice a meeting marker over the city of Columbus. Hover over it and you'll see the correct name of the event. The marker is also on the correct coordinates. If you click the marker for the popup, however, the "visit event" button works, But the name of the event does not display in the popup and the date is from the year 1969. I can give you administrator access if you would like to have a look at the back end, just let me know. Thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #29929 by nordmograph
Hello

First can you check creating another public event ?
Have filled in the correct Itemid for events url in the Geommunity3js component options ?

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 6 months ago #29930 by timmyers15
I just created another public event, and the problem is still occurring.

I am a bit unsure which itemID I should be using. Right now, I am using the menu itemID of the "testevents" page I linked to in my prior post. Is this correct, or should I be using another JomSocial page? (And if so, which JomSocial page should it be.....index.php/events....index.php/viewevent/....etc?)

Thanks for the help!

More
8 years 6 months ago #29931 by nordmograph
Well actually it seems to be correct, as the link from infowindow to event is working properly.

For the info not being loaded, here are the requirements for the query to succeed:
- Event Id is received (Yes)
- Event has a creator (Yes)
- Event has a category (???)
Can you make sure you add the event to a category ?

Also there is another error you might be aware of:
on your Jomsocial pages, in the browse console:
Uncaught ReferenceError: initUploadProfilePicture is not defined:
jQuery(document).ready(function($) { initUploadProfilePicture(); });
It seems to prevent some Geommunity3 features to work properly

Try setting The map on it's own page to see if it's any better. Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 6 months ago #29932 by timmyers15
OK, adding an event to the category seemed to work! I created another new event with a category set and it seems to work now.

One last question- if I want to show Events on the map on more than one page, do I need to add each separate page's ItemId to the EventItemId form in Configuration? If so, do I just separate them all with commas?

Thanks,

Tim

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds