Seeking a map tool that I can import my own data

More
8 years 3 months ago #31221 by MelB
Hi,

I have a pre-sales question regarding you geomunity map component. I am looking for a map solution that allows me to enter or import my own companies and addresses. Do any of your map components allow for this?

Kind regards

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #31222 by nordmograph
Geommunity3 is mostly a community map but it can integrate/import 1 or more kml.
A kml file is a xml type list of places with associated data.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 3 months ago #31235 by MelB
Hi Nordmograph,

thanks for responding. My site has a community (which I would like to use the map for) but I also want a company directory (these are not members or signed up to the site, but a research tool/directory).

Is it possible to have a directly like this in addition to community maps running on the same site?

Kind regards

Mel

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #31236 by nordmograph
Hi,
Not really. Geommunity3 can insert additional data on map thanks to KML feature, but this is not suitable for an additional business directory.
There could be a solution though. What business directory component are you willing to use ?
(and what community component ?)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by nordmograph.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #31237 by MelB
Hi,

I have Jomsocial (for my member maps I want so this should be fine for that).

I don't have a business directory, all I want is to be able to import a list of companies (separate from my community) and all members/none members can use this resporce to search for and view company details on a map i.e. to look up location/proximity/contact details.

I am sure I used a very early version of one of your maps that did this back in 2010 :)

Mel
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MelB.

More
8 years 3 months ago #31238 by nordmograph
Yes probably the old "non ajax" Geommunity with Sobipro integration.

Will the business list increase often ? or will it be rather static ?
If it is static the KML integration will do.
But if user or admin will add businesses often / on regular basis, and if you need a search tool in addition to the map KML won't be suitable. You'd rather go on something like Geommunity3JS (Jomsocial) + Sobipro.

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds