[solved] Set up Vendors?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #26896 by SpydrSS
Hi,

This is not my first attempt at setting up a multi vendor store, I have tried Mijoshop with a multivendor add-on, Marketplace for joomla, and now VMVendor... After reading the online documentation, and setting up the component, I am still dumb stuck...

1) How do I allocate who is a vendor? It states nowhere in the documentation how to add vendors? (I have set up a new user group that I want Vendors to be allocated to, as not all registered users are Vendors)

2.)How can I get someone to Register as a Vendor? There is no Registration module or page to register as a Vendor?

3) Where do I find the settings page for the Vendor Products Page... Currently it seems to show the same amount as per the site, but the layout is not picking up the virtuemart template... Does this mean that all of this also has to be styled?

IF there is any updated documentation, that would be great to, as the documentation still refers to Alpha User Points and Joomla ID, which I did not find in the settings, as well as "Still Required Page"
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #26897 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Set up Vendors?
Hello

You can create a Joomla user group and restrict the addproduct page and Vendor dashboard to that user group only.
Basiacally a user becomes technically a vendor when adding a first product to the catalogue.
There is no particular registration page.

Make sure you enabled at least these 3 menu items: addproduct, vendorprofile and vendor dshboard.

The vendor products are displayed in the vmvendor vendor profile page.
It is styled but you can edit the CSS. or override the output via Joomla template override.

I am currently rewriting the documentation and it should be ready by tomorrow.
Let me know if you have other questions.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #26898 by SpydrSS
Replied by SpydrSS on topic Set up Vendors?
Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer...

I will get this done... I just have one other question... Currently I cannot see all my Categories... I see there is a new column (Shared)... Is this to do with VMVendor? Somehow my first main category us showing, and it does not state share, but from my 2nd main category onwards, the categories are not showing, and shared is not active???

1st Category

3rd Category where I have shared the first sub category

I have over 1600 categories, and I would like to know if I have to go share 1600+ categories, as there is no way to do this in bulk
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by SpydrSS.

More
9 years 3 months ago #26899 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Set up Vendors?
Well where is that you only see one category?
- Submission form ?
- Vendor profile

My guess is because your categories have to be assigned to main vendor.
Give it a try.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 3 months ago #26901 by SpydrSS
Thanks for the info,

How do I assign the categories to the main vendor, as all the categories have been set up before installing Multi Vendor?

In link 1 You see all sub categories, but in link 2 you only see the 1 category that I had to "Publish" the shared Icon in admin area?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #26902 by SpydrSS
Hi,

I played with the database a bit, and "shared" all categories... Is this ok to share all categories as I did not read anywhere that the sharing of categories needed to be done?

Please see this arrow, is it relevant to Multi Vendor?

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by SpydrSS.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds