[solved] No images when loading data via CSVI

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #27198 by rick@elitedesignfurn.com
Hi,

I have used your Tags component and plugin very successfully for over a year as it was included in the Reviver template

Time to move on so I bought your Tags software yesterday. The way I uploaded the Tags was via CSVI and before I had no problems, now I can upload everything successfully but no image displays
If I open a particular product with a Tag and then close it without making any changes, then the image shows
I checked the database and everything looks perfect, what can be causing this issue?
I can't open each product individually as I have thousands and I update the Tags often!
Look forward to your solution
Thanks
Rick
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #27199 by nordmograph
Hello

Happy you like the extension and used it successfully (btw, if you include it in a template, this worths a nice review at the JED :)

So if I understand correctly your issue , is that after the CSV is imported, products don't show images in products list by tag (productslist view ?) unless you save the product once again.?

Does your CSVupdate only include tags, or full product data ?

Is that on VM3 and J3 ?
VM3 tags customfield changed and is very different from how it was stored in vm2.
Thumbnails are found using the thumb column in virtuemart media tables.
if empty (automatic thumb feature) it guesses the thumbnail path from the orginal picture and thumbnail dimensions set in VM config.
If still no luck it displays the noimage imege set in VM config too.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 3 months ago #27200 by rick@elitedesignfurn.com
Sure i'll leave a review, I am happy to do this!

You are correct, in the product list view I just get a "image unavailable" If I click it though, it does go to the proper product. you are also correct that, if I open and save a product the image then shows.

My CSVI upload includes everything to upload the product, I just updated to J3 / VM3; I noticed several changes even with the way the data is stored and have successfully figured that part out.

In the database the file_url_thumb is present but I still get no image! I have the thumb dimensions listed in VM3 configuration.

You can see the results here,

staging1.elitedesignfurn.com/component/v...ist/astor?Itemid=807

If need I can send you login details so you can investigate further

I have attached a copy of CVI upload for you to look at

Thank you!

Rick

More
9 years 2 months ago #27205 by nordmograph
Email me backend access and a referecne to this conversation so I can have a look at this issue.
Use the email contact form from the footer menu.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 2 months ago #27227 by nordmograph
Hello Rick,

I investigated on your site and found out that
your CSV dump must have forgotten the mime type of images and VM2tags component is requiring the mime type to be image to display the thumbnails. I recommend you process this query:
(backup first)
Code:
UPDATE #__virtuemart_medias SET file_mimetype='image/jpeg' WHERE file_url LIKE 'images/stories/virtuemart/product%'

replacing the #_ with your db prefix

Hope it helps

More
9 years 2 months ago #27228 by rick@elitedesignfurn.com
Hi,

Thank you for doing the research, with the information you gave me I was able to poke around a little in my CSVI program and find a solution; IMAGES/GENERAL OPTIONS/PROCESS IMAGES must be set to YES

Hope this might help someone else in the future

Thanks for the great support!

Best regards

Rick

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds