ItemId and google map API

More
9 years 1 day ago #28332 by nordmograph

marcelpu wrote: okay I have, everything seems to be correct

Well if everything is correct, what's wrong ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 day ago #28336 by marcelpu
Replied by marcelpu on topic ItemId and google map API
no i mean I think i followed the instructions correctly but I dont know how my users will be able to add photos to map, profiles to map, etc, blogs to map.

More
9 years 1 day ago #28337 by nordmograph
The map will add users according to their address field data.
The map will add pictures and other data according to their address fields (users groups events)
and to their location (photos and photo albums.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 1 day ago #28338 by marcelpu
So when a user uploads a picture on easysocial, there will be a address field there. where they would type in location? and then your map component would then set the icon on that point?
second question: what if i have some users that only want their friends and family to see the locations on the map of their photos, etc.

More
9 years 1 day ago #28339 by nordmograph
1. yes give it a try.
2. Address fields have a privacy setting. Each user can decide who can view own address. This privacy setting is also used by Geommunity to decide what marker to show.... or not.

More
9 years 1 day ago #28340 by marcelpu
YES THIS IS AWESOME!!!! I have to let you know that your component is the single most important component of my site. And I know its taking me some time to get it but I am so thankful for it and you.

I just added the location of a photo on easysocial and it HAS shown up on my Geo map!! but, it just shows the camera icon and not the picture. also when you hover over it, it shows that the picture can not be displayed. once you click on it, it goes to the picture on my profile. But I want the picture to show on the map....PS. does the image have to be a certain format.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds