How to show only certain user groups in the module

More
8 years 2 months ago #31220 by nordmograph
Yes location is indeed a requirement for the DD component.
I'm not sure what you mean with you geopinpointer, but both our locator or geocoder plugins update the same latitude and longitude of the comprofiler table.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31316 by timstohr
Just a heads-up that the restriction of the plugin to a certain user group did not work. When I restricted the CB plugin to only "Advertisers", the normal users did not see anymore the geolocation on the profile of the "advertiser" as the viewers were not "Advertisers".

Could you make it so that the component only represents selected usergroups on the map? That would make things LOADS easier, especially if you want to use DD and geomunity for different purposes (I have advertisers using the geolocation, obviously they dont want to be included in dating...).

More
8 years 2 months ago #31319 by timstohr
Please confirm: I am currently using the filtering by a tab called "type of business". If people have left this empty, they will not be represented on the module/map? This means that actually user groups filtering is not necessary anymore since it is a CB field filtering (which you can then assign to usergroups).

More
8 years 2 months ago #31322 by nordmograph
Yes, this could be the perfect workaround.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds