[solved] Avatar Size

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #32749 by tim92109
I'm at a loss. I've looked everywhere and I can't find the setting where you would control the size of the avatar. And you can't do it via CSS because it's part of the map. And I don't see any way to do it with the google map styler. Is there a JSON script for it?

I mean.... there HAS to be a way. Otherwise this would be a 100% useless function. That is, unless you set up community builder to have avatars resized to around 30 pixels in width&height. And I can't imagine a reason why anyone would do that. I'm just stating this because I don't want to see an answer like "you can't control the size of the avatar".
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #32753 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Avatar Size
Hello Tim,
What avatar are you referring to ? The one in the infowindow ?
There is some css you can edit in geommunity3cb/views/userinfowindow/tmpl/default.php

For the map styling, it requires some json styling data, you can get
from gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trun...ps/wizard/index.html
or other platorms like snazzy maps
snazzymaps.com/

Edit, oh actually you were asking about styling AND avatar size. so these links won't help.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #32762 by nordmograph
Hmm I guess now you are referring to the marker icon avatar.
Actually there was now way to set a size for it unless I updated the module :)

I just emailed you the new module. Let me know, if this is what you expected.

If you need to edit the 30 px value,
search
modules/mod_geommunity3cb/mod_geommunity3cb.php
for
Code:
size: new google.maps.Size(30, 30), origin: new google.maps.Point(0, 0), anchor: new google.maps.Point(15, 30), scaledSize: new google.maps.Size(30, 30)

Replace 30 with any value (x), replace 15 with half of the value (x/2) and leave 0 as 0

There was now avatar resizing before, because in CB, avatars are not all squared, so this can result in stretched avatars on the map.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim92109

More
8 years 1 month ago #32766 by tim92109
Replied by tim92109 on topic Avatar Size
Thank you very much for that... that works! And it now makes the feature useful to me.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #32840 by tim92109
Replied by tim92109 on topic Avatar Size
Actually, I just noticed you said you had emailed me a new module. I must have overlooked that as I've been searching the module I currently have installed and couldn't find the avatar size... now I know why. Anyway, I didn't get an email from you, so I guess I still have no way to do it with the current module I have. Right? Or is there some code I can insert into my module?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #32844 by nordmograph
Hi,
Werid I'm pretty sure the mail left.
You can either insert the code from my previous post or redownload the full component and update, the modification has been included.
Let me know if this is ok.

Note: there is no setting for this. This is hardcoded. I think it's an obvious move.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds