[fixed] Different markers for different users

More
8 years 1 week ago - 7 years 7 months ago #32794 by sylvaing
Hello,

I see some icons-markers in the "com_geommunity3cb/assets/img" folder. Some icons of different colors but some "group", "event", "photo" or "video" icons too. But I don't find anywhere in the component or module some way to use it.
I wanted to display different markers for simple users and for special users, could you tell me how to do that please ?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #32795 by nordmograph
Hello Sylvain,
You're english is fine :) I'm french btw.

These markers are commons to 3 Geommunit3 extensions.
The Geommunity3 for CB doesn't use these as CB doesn't have events or located groups or media.

In version 1.3 Geommunity will be extendable with plugins to display 3rd party extensions markers.

There is for now no way to do what you want without customizing the app.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 1 week ago #32799 by sylvaing
You're french and you let me struggle with my poor english ?! :laugh:

Ok, may be I can use some kml files with some special markers ?

More
8 years 1 week ago #32800 by nordmograph
Well, KML files are usefull to embed external (rather static) data so I doubt this is the way to go.

The way to go would be:

Duplicate the marker icon, call one marker_special and the other one marker_registered,
Then request the user group for each users in the usermarkers.php model query and get the result to load the proper marker.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 1 week ago #32801 by sylvaing
Hello,

Well, I think I'm not able to do that... within someone who explain me what to do step by step. If you want to be this man, you're welcome B)
Otherwise, does Geommunity3 for Jomsocial or Easysocial make what I want ?

More
8 years 1 week ago #32802 by nordmograph
Hello,

Jomsocial and EasySocial versions can set diferent markers according to the various profile types. So if you set Special users to a specific social profile type yes it can be done this way.

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds