Map popup position and fields

More
6 years 11 months ago #38467 by appnweb
Hi,

We started using Geommunity for CB on one of our development website and we encounter issues with the map popups :

- It tend to display partly out of the frame, when a user is clicked the map is moved to avoid that but apparently not enough. Actually I added some CSS to style part of the popup but it's not the cause as the problem already occured before I did.

- If using fields in the popup that are not mandatory and one user does not fill one of them, all popups stop working. Actually one field only is displayed but we would rather put address fields in there if it was possible.

Do you have an idea, what could be causing those issues ?

You can have a look at the map here : dev11.anw-sandbox.ch/annuaire.html

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38472 by nordmograph
Bonjour,

1. I'm afraid i 'm not sure what you mean, I visited your map and did not experience any glitch, is it on smaller resotions ?
2. I tryed to reproduce your issue on our demo, includuing a non mandatory field (address) and it did not break any markers or infowindow.
The field just shows as empty for users didn't filling in the information.
www.nordmograph.com/workshop/index.php?o...icle&id=6&Itemid=137

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #38490 by appnweb
Thank you for your answer,

Here are two screenshots of the popup position issue.

My resolution is 1920 x 1080 but display size is 1536 x 864.

As for the empty field problem, I will do some more test and I'll come back to you later. Our development domain is migrating today so not easy to work on it.

Sorry for that.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by appnweb.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38491 by nordmograph
Is the issue here that the infowindow is not fully visible ?
The only solution I see to this is to increase the map height value.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38504 by appnweb
Thanks for your answer.

I understand the idea of resizing the map but that's not the solution I was expecting as when a user near the border is clicked the map jumps to adjust the position even if not enough. So I was thinking that it was just this jump that was not correctly set and that there was a way to make it better.

As for the user infowindow fiels, I tried to reproduce the issue where the popup did not show but I could not. At the moment I encountered it, I thought it was because one field was empty on some users but it seems that was not the cause and we probably will never know what happened really.

While doing this test, I noticed something else. Address fields, that I used, come in an order that does not suit the display I wanted to have. Is there a way to change the order ?

I tried by selecting them in another order but that did not change anything and as the order on other forms is correct, I can't the CB field order.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38509 by nordmograph
I see , I'll provide you with an updated query asap to take fields order in effect.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds