MapQuest API's

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #39169 by JohnnyRy
MapQuest API's was created by JohnnyRy
Much to my dismay, Google demands 10,000.00 USD for a production API, even at 1 transaction per month.:huh:

It looks like Yahoo no longer offers map API's.

MapQuest API's are free up to 15,000 transactions per month.

Is there a way to use MapQuest API's in Geommunity3 and its plugins?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by JohnnyRy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #39177 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic MapQuest API's
Hello Johnny,

No there is not.
What's that google quota ??

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 8 months ago #39184 by JohnnyRy
Replied by JohnnyRy on topic MapQuest API's
Thanks for replying on your weekend.

There is a quota for 100% free sites at 2500 map transactions per day. Because I sell any services (or products) I'm told that the quota does not apply, I am in violation, and I owe Google $10,000.

Google Maps API terms state:

"9.1.3 Examples.
You can require users to log in to your Maps API Implementation if you do not require users to pay a fee."

Google Salesperson, Michelle Cheung, and I exchanged 13 emails and a phone call. I maintain that no "fee" on my site is for map access but there is no appeal process and my maps are dead.

Your software suite was working beautifully before this happened. It's currently uninstalled.

I'm looking into Openstreetmap but it looks like a work in progress.

More
6 years 8 months ago #39186 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic MapQuest API's
I see.
Well, if you have some budget and want to keep on Geommunity3, I could consider building an Open Street map module in replacement of the current mod_geommunity3cb module.
email
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
for a quote.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #39222 by JohnnyRy
Replied by JohnnyRy on topic MapQuest API's
Thanks for the offer but this is a lean operation where 60% of gross revenue goes to the workers. No real budget.

I complained to Google's Content Permissions department, and a supetvisor is calling me on Monday.

If that fails, I'll probably just put MapQuest in an iframe, let users map themselves, and call it done.

Edit: Stacie Miller at Google advised... I cannot use manual user registration approval to restrict Google Map access. I simply turned it off and reinstalled the Geommunity3 Suite and Google Maps are back!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by JohnnyRy.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds