[solved] Address search not working

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #39921 by appnweb
Hi,

Our customer is interested in having the address search on his map but it seems like it does not work. Whatever I enter I end up in what seems to be the middle of an ocean and if I try to go back to a continent I dont find any, so sort of breaking the map.

The problem can be seen here : dev11.anw-sandbox.ch/annuaire.html

Any idea about what could be causing that issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #39926 by nordmograph
Hi

I could not see it in action, the field is disabled.
But it seems that the minimum zoom setting of the module is preventing you to unzoom enough to get out of the ocean.
Let me know when I can try the feature.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 5 months ago #39927 by nordmograph
ok my mistake, I misunderstood and believed the marker search was not working.

Your issue maybe caused by this:
(found in the browser console on your page)
This API project is not authorized to use this API. Please ensure this API is activated in the Google Developers Console: console.developers.google.com/apis/api/places_backend?project=_ For more information on authentication and Google Maps Javascript API services please see: developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

The autocomplete place search use the Google PLace API wich must be included to your API project as the Javascript Google Maps API. It seems to be missing, preventing the location search to work.

Hope it helps. Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 5 months ago #39960 by appnweb
Replied by appnweb on topic Address search not working
Hi,

You were right, I activated the places API and it's working now.

Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds