Topic-icon Adrien - You need to communicate with your customers!

• mikeymike1914
  • mikeymike1914's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
30 Aug 2021 16:53 #45738 by mikeymike1914
Aside from a few vague comments you have laid out no roadmap for upgrades of your extensions to Joomla 4 and I'm beginning to wonder if Nordmograph will even survive. Questions go unanswered for weeks - sometimes even months. I appreciate you are a solo developer and need time to work through so many products but how do we even know that you've started on J4 compatibility?

Please, please Adrien provide us with some clarity as to your plans. If you are moving your business towards web development and away from extensions then let us know. If you are unwell or having personal issues then please take the time you need, we'll understand if you at least communicate with us.

I'm in the fortunate position of only relying on you for your MyPlayer component. I really wanted to carry on using it in Joomla 4 but I have no idea if - or when - it will ever be ready so I may just have to abandon it for another solution, articles and custom fields probably. This is a real shame because MyPlayer is a beautifully simple component that works perfectly in Joomla 3.

I've held back from making this post for a long time because it goes against my nature and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but how long can we be kept waiting for information Adrien?

For your past support and fine extensions I am happy to say 'Thank you', I hope I'll be a paying customer in future but that really is up to you now.

Regards,
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2021 19:38 #45739 by nordmograph
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your post and your concern.
As you guessed I'm very busy right now, taking care of my children and parents, and working hard. The nordmograph business is kind of hibernating, but far from dead. Just know I'm still involved every day in Joomla dev in another company (not of mine). And I waited for the relaesae of j4 stable to start working on porting extensions.
It doesn't seem to be to painfull so I'm pretty optimistic I could migrate MyPlayer component without too many issues. It will not be the component I will start porting though.
I'll start with Geommunity and My¨Player could be following.
Thank you for your patience.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• mikeymike1914
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
30 Aug 2021 20:46 #45740 by mikeymike1914
Replied by mikeymike1914 on topic Adrien - You need to communicate with your customers!
Okay, that is good to hear Adrien. I wish you well and look forward to renewing my subscription when MyPlayer is ready for Joomla 4.

Do you think it may be ready before the end of this year at least?

Many thanks,
Michael

More
30 Aug 2021 21:12 #45741 by nordmograph
Thank you
Yes I hope so!

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeymike1914

More
05 Sep 2021 11:42 - 05 Sep 2021 11:43 #45747 by ssnobben
Hi Adrien and guys good to hear your still alive! :)

Anyhow hope you can fix the statitics error on My visits and also that MyPlayer bugs get sorted out. I bought both these products but can not use them as there a some bugs stopping that.

Hope MyPlayer get some great improvements both for music and as a podcast featured product.

I would be nice to have the player module get some design update too.

Compare www.yannanderson.com/en/

with www.nordmograph.com/workshop/index.php?o...&latest=1&Itemid=685

so we can get attractive module player working great with Joomla 4!

Thks.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2021 11:43 by ssnobben.

• mikeymike1914
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
02 Jan 2022 14:01 #45820 by mikeymike1914
Replied by mikeymike1914 on topic Adrien - You need to communicate with your customers!
I've completely lost faith that things will improve around here. No communication, no signs of any progress in advancing any extension to Joomla 4 compatibility - nothing. I'm done.

One thing I'd like to know is whether I can offer the Nordmograph MyPlayer extension (which is released as open source under the GPL license) to a 3rd party developer for further work and upgrade to J4? Could I post it on GitHub Adrien?

Such a sad ending . . .