[pre-sale question] auto-friend or auto-request?

More
9 years 5 months ago #25700 by alfredopacino
Hi, I don't get exactly how your plugin works:
it does a query to the db in order to make a friendship, or it makes a friend request, with a custom message?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25701 by nordmograph
Hello

It automatically makes a confirmed friendship, not a request, ( one or several new friends ) to every new users.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25702 by alfredopacino

nordmograph wrote: Hello

It automatically makes a confirmed friendship, not a request, ( one or several new friends ) to every new users.

I sent you an email using contact form. I need to accomplish that.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25703 by nordmograph
Yes received. Well what version would you use ? CB JS or ES ?
It can be a request instead of a friend if the friendship is stored as not confirmed but it may also need a custom message and a notification to be added.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 5 months ago #25704 by alfredopacino

nordmograph wrote: Yes received. Well what version would you use ? CB JS or ES ?
It can be a request instead of a friend if the friendship is stored as not confirmed but it may also need a custom message and a notification to be added.

I use latest jomsocial release.
The custom message isn't a simple private message, it comes with the friend request, so I don't think it can be "simulated" as I think you saying.
Don't know yet if it's possible, but I think studing jomsocial related functions it could be done, just a little reverse engineering to figure it out what php script the ajax friend request uses..

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #25705 by nordmograph
As you noted, this is not a simple private msg. The Jomsocial table for connections has the msg column for it.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nordmograph.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds