Run AutoFriend post registration

More
8 years 9 months ago #28805 by gypsyboy1984
Hi,

I have installed the autofriend plugin to run alongside easysocial, post registration of a number of members.

Please can you tell me if there is a way to force this to run on currently registered users, to make all users friends.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #28806 by nordmograph
Hi,

Well this is a user plugin so it only triggers on users registration, and can not process on previous users. What you need would require an aditional query running once or more depending on your amount of users to make sure everyone is friend with people you want.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 9 months ago #28807 by gypsyboy1984
Hi,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Is this something you would be able to assist with? I am no developer but this is causing a headache that I need to solve.

More
8 years 9 months ago #28813 by nordmograph
Yes, email me (replying to a forum post notification)
describing exactly what you need and I'll provide you a little quote about the query to be written and processed.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29108 by zebra
We got the same issue. Need to add all user from certain groups to the friends list automatically.
Guess the plugin could be a more general one that not only triggers on the registration.

Please advise.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29109 by nordmograph
Hello Zebra,
Well, if ti's a plugin, it can trigger always (we don't want this) or at certain points. But wich points ?
Or it can be an module requiring some admin user action, or a custom script to run once.
Email me with your requirements (and number of users on site) if you want a quote.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds