Pre-sale Q: By Usergroup?

More
8 years 9 months ago #28899 by nordmograph
Hi

I tested it and it worked as expected.
Here are the setting I used

Note the plugin access is publlic
strange behaviour is when first visiting the user profile it shows amount of friends:0 but when refreshing the page or visiting the friends list, The counter gets the correct value.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: megana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #28928 by megana
Replied by megana on topic Pre-sale Q: By Usergroup?
Sorry for the delay...it did work! I was seeing the 0 Friends as you said, but when I clicked to see all friends, there they are for the correct usergroup and then the number updated. Thanks much!

More
8 years 8 months ago #28929 by nordmograph
Good news !
If you like the plugin and liked the support too, feel free to leave a review at the JED. It really helps :)
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...riends-for-jomsocial

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 8 months ago #28930 by nordmograph
Hey Megana

Thanks a lot for your review! Just a thing, your review actually lowered the extension average rating. It's a nice review but actually a bad rating :). If you have 1min would you fix that ? You can easily edit it. Sorry to ask...

Also for your information, the functionnality glitch about the counter being 0 friends at first is a Jomsocial glitch that doesn't happen with CB or Easysocial.

JS only updated the friends counter when loading the friends page. We could address this by adding a count query for each user in the plugin but it would impact on performances...

More
8 years 8 months ago #28937 by megana
Replied by megana on topic Pre-sale Q: By Usergroup?
LOL whoops. I fixed it. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nordmograph

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds