How to apply to existing members?

More
8 years 5 months ago #30218 by ucgmedia
Is it possible to run the component across the site to ensure everyone is friends? We have some members who have been registered for a long while. We have about 450 users.

thanks,
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #30938 by geoffr
Still waiting for a reply on this one. Is it possible to run a script to befriend everyone. We have some users that were manually signed up and they didn't get to become friends with everyone automatically.

Please let me know if it's possible, and how.

Thanks,
Geoff

More
8 years 3 months ago #30941 by nordmograph
Hello Geoff,

The plugin can't do that. As a user plugin, it only processes on user registration. It's supposed to do so on front end as on backend manual registration.

If you need it also for users that registered before plugin installation, you'll need an additional custom script. 2 Ways to do this:
- Parameters no needed: parameters are hardcoded in a simple installation script. Every time you install this on your Joomla installer, it will update user friends
- Parameters required, a Backend module is required to be installed so you can tweak parameters before processing the query.

The first option would be faster and cheaper to provide.
Email me if you need a quote for any of these 2 options.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 3 months ago #30945 by geoffr
Hi and thanks. Yes, I'd be interested to get a quote on the first option. We could reinstall it to make everyone friends -- yes?

Send me an email with a quote if possible.

thanks,
Geoff

More
8 years 3 months ago #30946 by nordmograph
Ok, what settings would you want?
EasySocial, Jomsocial or CB ?
Make every body everybody's friends ? (Friend party) ?
PLease precise.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 3 months ago #30953 by geoffr
We use Jomsocial in a moderated community with latest versions (Joomla & JomSocial). Our policy is for everyone to be friends (we have approx 500 users).

Lately, some new users have needed to be manually enabled after their registration because their approval emails weren't received by moderators. We don't know why, but I have Readybytes looking into it for us (as we are using their "admin approval" plugin, which allows admin to approve a signup). In these cases we now have new people who have no friends. We also have a lot of users with a differing number of friends and don't know how it happened. They should all be the same.... everyone should be friends.

So simply, we would require a script that will ensure everyone is friends. If a new person is added without befriending (because something fails), we would need the ability to manually run the script to befriend them to everyone, but perhaps a general script without parameters could check and ensure everyone is befriended, so parameters may not be necessary.

We host with Siteground, shared hosting, so the script execution time needs to be within their guidelines (I can check if necessary).

Thanks,
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds