[solved] Error while registering - Easysocial

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #31205 by aaronpie
I am using the auto friend plugin with Easysocial 1.4.2. If I select either request or automatic friend request, I am getting the following error when submitting my registration form on my website. The user is still created, but the user is given the error and never taken to the confirmation page to let them know that they have completed the registration and that they will need to wait for Admin approval.

1062 Duplicate entry '623' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `iox_social_users` (`user_id`,`state`) VALUES ('623','1')

Stackideas has confirmed that the error is triggered by your plugin.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #31209 by nordmograph
Hello

I'm affraid this is not correct:
Our plugin doesn't insert anything on that #__social_users table.
It does not create users.

It only creates friendships.
It only inserts data in #__social_friends

that query
INSERT INTO `#__social_users` (`user_id`,`state`)
does not appear anywhere in our plugin code
have a look in the only php file of our plugin:
plugins/user/autofriend/autofriend.php

search for
#__social_users
you'll only find SELECT queries (reading) and no INSERT
INSERT will only be processed for #__social_friends table.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by nordmograph.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31211 by aaronpie
So it looks like I fixed the issue by moving the plugin to the bottom of the User plugin list. Originally it was up at the top before the User - Easysocial plugin. Now I am able to register on my site without getting the error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nordmograph

More
8 years 2 months ago #31212 by nordmograph
Interesting, thanks for reporting.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds