Processing existing users in JomSocial members list

More
7 years 6 months ago #35323 by zurkster
I just purchased the 'First friends' plugin, However easy it is to setup and use, I'm curious that the plugin can only process new registrations, where the object of my beta team group would be an ability to apply forced connections onto existing users. Is there be no feasible method customising this plugin to apply this process to existing accounts?

Secondly is there any possibility to have added a selectable user group to apply the rule to, instead of all new registered members.

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #35324 by nordmograph
Hello,

Yes, a user plugin can only be triggered when a user registers, login , save profile or be deleted.
For existing users in Jomsocial, It can be done with an installable script to be run once.
I have such script that can run in the friend party mode (everybody friended with everybody)
If you need other configuration , I could provide you a script that will perform what you need.

For your user group question, you can always use the access parameter of the plugin so it is only triggered for the user group you wish.

Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 6 months ago #35325 by zurkster
Where might one acquire such a one-time script to add existing users?
Would the script check to see if the is an existing friendships between prospective accounts?

More
7 years 6 months ago #35326 by zurkster
Also will the plugin add the selected user id's to admin 'backend added' user accounts?

More
7 years 6 months ago #35327 by nordmograph

zurkster wrote: Where might one acquire such a one-time script to add existing users?
Would the script check to see if the is an existing friendships between prospective accounts?

I would have to provide that script when I understand what you need and you agree to pay for the little development.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 6 months ago #35328 by nordmograph

zurkster wrote: Also will the plugin add the selected user id's to admin 'backend added' user accounts?

I'm not sure I understand this question . Can you precise ?

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds