Joomla 3.6.4 and Jomsocial 4.2.5 Compatability

More
7 years 5 months ago #35692 by hairylemon
Hi there,
I'm currently working on a live website (Joomla 3.6.4 and Jomsocial 4.2.5) and using the Autofriend 1.3.3 version of the plugin. Just checking the compatibility?

Normal registered users don't appear to be auto-friending 'everyone' which is the desired functionality. Setting the friend-party doesn't seem to work?

Cheers,
G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #35707 by nordmograph
Hello

Make sure the plugin access setting is set to public.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 4 months ago #35832 by hairylemon
I'm pleased to say it is working!

It seems for the plugin to work however I must first register (as expected) then I must manually navigate to the 'all friends' page for autoFriend plugin to be called. Can this be modified to run when the user accesses their 'profile' page? This is the first page they land on after registration.

Also I would like to purchase the modified plugin if I may, so everyone can be friends including past users whom didn't autoFriend previously.

Cheers,
G.

More
7 years 4 months ago #35833 by nordmograph
Actually this is not exact

Plugin is called right after loging in and friends are processes also at that time.
But the friends counter is not updated right away in front end (maybe because of some cache)
You need to actually visit the friends page for the counter to be updated.

The script is a friend party mode script and is only availabkle for Jomsocial.
Is it what you need? If so, you can repurchase the same product and reply to the email, requesting the freind party script for Jomsocial.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds