[solved] Bandcamp - Difference Mobile vs Laptop

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #26642 by cludwig
Hello. I was able to purchase and configure this plugin successfully but notice one inconsistency between mobile use (on an old iPhone 4) and non-mobile (Safari on a laptop). On my laptop, in an article with multiple bandcamp files (a whole album), in the event that one bandcamp file is playing and I select another song, the 1st audio file stops and the new selection begins to play (as is desired). In mobile however, when a second audio file is selected both audio files will play at once. In fact, it is possible to have multiple bandcamp audio files playing simultaneously in mobile (in a jumbled mess).

Is this a limitation of Bandcamp's audio player or something that can be changed in the plugin to improve the mobile experience? The following is the page on my site that illustrates this problem:

ludwigrecordings.com/our-catalogue/figure-5.html

Cheers
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #26648 by nordmograph
Hello Ludwig,

It seems to be a different according to the way borwsers manage html5.
Not sure if we can do anything about it.

Mayeb you can by pass or work around by linking to the album URL instead of every tracks. In that case only one player will show with previous and nexr buttons to browse the tracks.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cludwig

More
9 years 4 months ago #26658 by cludwig
Thanks for the prompt tip and help. The player now works much much better when I link it to the entire album rather than track by track as you suggested

I am happy now. Thank you for creating this essential plugin for my site.

More
9 years 4 months ago #26660 by nordmograph
You're welcome! Happy to have another happy customer.
If you like the plugin and support, feele free to leave a review at JED, it really helps.
extensions.joomla.org/browse/new/extensi...-soundcloud-mixcloud
But only if you have 1 minute, I mean you don't have to :)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds