Performance issues

More
8 years 3 months ago #31083 by SirLucian
Performance issues was created by SirLucian
I'm creating a list of all the DJs/producer at a festival and I'm suffering SERIOUSLY bad performance issue.

The page I'm referring to is:
www.kalimelafestival.com/index.php/festival/blast-zone-lineup

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #31084 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Performance issues
Hello Sirlucian,

You're loading 40 clips from Soundcloud, Bandcamp and Mixcloud services on the same page.
It makes sense that it makes huge page loading time.
This is not a good practice. you should use pagination and show fewer clips on the same page.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 3 months ago #31085 by nordmograph
You could also save some wieight and loading time disabling soundcloud visuals on other features.
Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 3 months ago #31086 by SirLucian
Replied by SirLucian on topic Performance issues
Yeah, pagination is an option we have considered. The TTFB is over 12s (see attachment). Why is this?

If we do pagination, how many banners would be acceptable practice?
Attachments:

More
8 years 3 months ago #31088 by SirLucian
Replied by SirLucian on topic Performance issues
The images and stuff take some time to load but I don't mind that as the page is responsive during that time. It's the wait time before anything can happen that I take issue with

More
8 years 3 months ago #31089 by nordmograph
It depends on your server and bandwidth. You need to do more testings.
Also consider reducing the clips options, mostly soundcloud visuals.
For each clip , it is loading 500x500 visuals such as
i3.sndcdn.com/avatars-000173052656-n2f069-t500x500.jpg

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds