Hide it from Profile Visitors

More
3 years 11 months ago #44376 by hjames
Rather than still showing the submenu and placeholder text, is it possible to just hide it from profile visitors all together?

Thank you,
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #44379 by nordmograph
Hello,
Well all the sensible data is of course only displayed to profile owner, but there is still this submenu item in ES "More" dropdown.
ES doesn't allow a clean way to heve this disabled.
So my only guess to hide this would be using jQuery with a selector on the title, depending on the language (as the menu item li element doesn't have a unique id or class name. I'll have to do some tests on this.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 11 months ago #44380 by hjames
Thank you.

Please let me know and look forward to a hopeful update.
Also, I might add that there are some issues with the display of the user blocks not using a good grid pattern. If there is a way to make the output cleaner that would be nice as well. If it is too time intensive I can do it.

Thank you,
James

More
3 years 11 months ago #44385 by nordmograph
Hello,

To hide the menu item you can edit:
widgets/profile/view.html.php
after this line 68
Code:
jQuery( \"li[data-id='".$this->app->id."']\" ).hide();
add
Code:
jQuery(\"a[title|='".JText::_('APP_WHOVISITEDMYPROFILE_USER_TITLE')."']\").parent().hide();
this should do the job

For the html grid issue, can you precise ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 11 months ago #44389 by hjames
Thank you.

I tried the edit, but no luck: prnt.sc/rw68nc
I checked the frontend but the menu is still visible when viewing another users profile. In fact, clicking on the menu link inside the app takes the user to the App Installer of EasySocial instead of to the App view on their profile. Very odd.

Regarding the styling: prnt.sc/rw6bxp you can see the columns aren't responsive. Also, the chart is default hard coded to have a white background and blue line grid, if it is possible to add some color code selectors in the app settings that would be amazing because the chart isn't the easiest to modify. I would also consider adding a few EasySocial Options:

- Make the "who visited" into a Card View
- Add the Add Friend / Unfriend Options
- Add the Follow / UnFollow Options
- Add the Message Button

The three tech options are there in the popbox but for mobile users the popbox makes little sense, and just being able to direct click is the easiest route to take.

Thank you,
James

More
3 years 11 months ago #44395 by nordmograph
I see, actualy some ES version also add the site name in the link title, wich is the only way to select this.

You'll need to call the site name first:
Code:
$config = JFactory::getConfig(); $site_name = $config->get( 'sitename' );

and then use
Code:
jQuery(\"a[title|='".$site_name.' - '.JText::_('APP_WHOVISITEDMYPROFILE_USER_TITLE')."']\").parent().hide();

I tested it too and depending on the ES version both this one and the one in my previous post worked.
So both will be included in the next pack.

Also your other requirements make sense. I thin I can have these added by the week end.
I'll keep you posted.
Stay safe.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds