permissions

More
8 years 9 months ago #29058 by jonburdon
permissions was created by jonburdon
I'm using this as a standalone component.

I uploaded two mp3 files and they work fine on my desktop when I'm logged in. When I'm logged out they aren't visible any more.

I want all the mp3 files that are uploaded to be publicly viewable. Please can you explain how to set the permissions for this? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #29060 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic permissions
There 2 things to check: the component options, default privacy field. Set it to public.
It should do the job.

If it doesn't help, check the ACL tab and make sure it set as the screenshot in the myplayer documentation.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 9 months ago #29063 by jonburdon
Replied by jonburdon on topic permissions
Public was already the default setting.

I have changed the ACL settings to match the screenshot in the documentation. I still can't see any mp3 files unless i am logged in.

More
8 years 9 months ago #29065 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic permissions
After it can depend on the play list privacy setting.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 9 months ago #29068 by jonburdon
The playlist privacy is set to public

More
8 years 9 months ago #29069 by jonburdon
The tracks show in the Latest Tracks module, but not in the Menu->track player when logged out.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds