Can't play local video in Joomla file structure

More
7 years 11 months ago #33068 by arpeggio
When I hover over the Video ID, it says for local file video, install it in the /media/mod_bg_youtube/video folder and type in the video name with no extension. The video folder was not there so I created one and put the mp4 video there.
Seems I followed the instructions ok but the video does not play.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #33069 by nordmograph
Hello Arpeggio,

This feature is beta. The extension is supposed to be used as a Youtube player.
But if you want we can eventually try your video and get back to you if we get results.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 11 months ago #33074 by arpeggio
Thank you for your quick reply!
I am using this on our County Fire Dept Intranet we are building and our Supervisors are a little hesitant of having our internal web go online for a video.
Yes thank you please try to make that feature work! We would love to use your extension in our site!

More
7 years 11 months ago #33075 by nordmograph
Where can I test/get your video file ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 11 months ago #33076 by arpeggio
I tried to attach it and it's too big (27mb.)
It's just a mp4 video!
Would you need the exact one I would be using or could you test with any small mp4 video??

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds