Mention if you're using this component with CB, EasySocial or Jomsocial

Search not working correctly

More
5 years 10 months ago #41657 by twinstripeuk
I've just configured the component for use in a social/dating site I'm building and when I test the search (which I've only just worked out ISN'T integrated into the main EasySocial workflow which is quite disappointing), it returns the message 'According to your relationship status, you're not supposed to use this feature on this site.' regardless of if it's set to 'All', 'Single' (which matches the test user) or left blank!

What can be causing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #41663 by nordmograph
Hello

You wrote:
(which I've only just worked out ISN'T integrated into the main EasySocial workflow which is quite disappointing)
Can you precise , I don't get it.

About:
'According to your relationship status, you're not supposed to use this feature on this site.'

Do you have a RELATIONSHIP field in ES?
It seems the user is not single or allowed to use the dating app.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 10 months ago #41668 by twinstripeuk
Apologies if I was unclear - what I meant was that it doesn't integrate itself into the workflow and appear as a toolbar item (you have to link to it separately using a Joomla menu). I can work around it, but I was kind of expecting it to integrate a little better.

I DO have a relationship field set (using the field type 'RELATIONSHIP' and using RELATIONSHIP as the unique key, and as stated, the user is set as 'single'

Does the RELATIONSHIP field need to be a custom one using RELATIONSHIP as a unique key, because the field selections in the Discreet Dating options don't appear to exactly match those in EasySocial?

More
5 years 10 months ago #41669 by twinstripeuk
Okay, this is weird - I just went back into the EasySocial workflow, deleted the field and then re-added it and managed to get a result...HOWEVER, after logging out and then logging back in as a different user, the component is now complaining that Location field hasn't been filled in, even when it has (I logged back in as the original user and got this result).

More
5 years 10 months ago #41677 by twinstripeuk
Okay, I've been as patient with this as I'm going to get. Sorry, but this component is AWFUL! When it works, not only does it look clunky and thrown together but it's FAR too simplistic to be used as a standalone component (which it effectively is because it doesn't mesh with the infrastructures of any of the social software it's supposed to work with (I've tried JomSocial and Easysocial with similar results).

And that's WHEN it works - if you happen to change ANY of the reference fields, the whole thing falls flat on its face and keeps throwing up 'Relationship Status' errors, even if that's not the field you've changed. The ONLY way to fix it is to completely remove the field FROM THE SOCIAL COMPONENT INSTEAD and then recreate it.

That's frankly not acceptable as I can't be deleting fields and recreating them every time I make a change.

How do I go about getting my money back?

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #41680 by nordmograph
Hello,

Well as long as you purchase a component, it's not an EasySocial plugin and it requires a separate menu item.
If you need something that integrates within es it must be a plugin.

Sorry for this bad experience with your fields. This sounds really weird.
On the other hand, it sounds obvious that if you change a reference field, it has to be matching in the DD component options too.
You don't have to remove the fields and create these again. Nobody ever experienced this.
Do you want me to have a look at your setup and eventually solve this?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by nordmograph.

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds