Topic-icon make turning of adblocker a request as opposed to

• mjl1817
  • mjl1817's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
18 Oct 2015 11:48 #30042 by mjl1817
Now it acts like a nag screen, I can click past it by clicking anywhere except the refresh button but it reloads when I go to another page on the site or reload the page I am on...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nordmograph
  • Away
More
19 Oct 2015 02:46 #30046 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic make turning of adblocker a request as opposed to
Well I just tryed it at
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...egory_id=1&Itemid=58
and it works as you requested.
Doesn't it ?

Yes it will reload on every page. If you don't want this, it would require the 'escape' to be stored in a cookie so it doesn't load on further browsing.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
07 Nov 2015 22:44 - 07 Nov 2015 22:45 #30333 by silke
Dear Adrien,

thanks for offering this module. I checked the demo on your extensions shop ( www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...egory_id=1&Itemid=58 ), where you already implemented the option of continuing by clicking anywhere else on the page, great.

I consider to use it, but I sincerely pledge for having a cookie or a session variable in charge to remember the choice (at least for the duration of the current session).

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Silke
Last edit: 07 Nov 2015 22:45 by silke.

• nordmograph
  • Away
More
08 Nov 2015 00:37 #30342 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic make turning of adblocker a request as opposed to
You could sponsor this enhancement ;)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
06 Apr 2016 16:41 #32514 by CrazyCarl
What does "sponsor the enhancement" mean? Just donated a bit to use this, then found this page. A cookie to remember the click status would be nice.

Also, is there any documentation on customizing the message screen beyond text?

Thanks,
Carl

• nordmograph
  • Away
More
06 Apr 2016 16:51 #32515 by nordmograph
Hi

Thanks or the donation.
You can customize the text displayed editing the language file located in
language/en_GB/en_GB.mod_adblockdetector.ini

The cookie thing would come in a future update.

The following user(s) said Thank You: silke