Settings I am lost ..

More
6 years 3 months ago #40564 by philroque
Hello,

Already a very happy new year 2018.

I use the Adblock module as well as the AUP point system with the Adblock enabled rule.
Already I can not understand the regulation of this rule. Could you explain to me, please, its function:
For a simple visitor, Ok it works well.
But where it gets complicated is with a connected member.
For registered members, how should the rule work? compared to Adblock.

Thanks in advance for your enlightenment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40565 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Settings I am lost ..
Hello

The rule deducts points (to registered users only) to keep the adblock detector modal window hidden (preventing it from popping up)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40566 by philroque
Replied by philroque on topic Settings I am lost ..
Ok, thanks for your quick answer.

It seems to a registered member that the rule still applies even if Adblock is disabled.

What do you think I forgot?

in the parameters of the rule: Method of attribution, I put All the time. For the duration I put: By default.

- I tested with Firefox and Chrome, purged the coockies. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and I still have this behavior.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40568 by philroque
Hello,
I did some testing.
- Placing the rule in public or registered has no effect, the points are deducted even if Adblock is disabled.
- If I pass the rule to guest, the member no longer sees the message of the rule, normal, but the points are not deducted while Adblock is activated.
- Uninstalling the rule and the module, then installation, I always have the same behavior.

it seems to me that the rule does not do the work for a member. Can you look more ready, please?

Thank you

More
6 years 3 months ago #40569 by philroque
Hello,
Any idea?

Thank you

More
6 years 3 months ago #40572 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Settings I am lost ..
I'll have a look.
- Remember the rule, as any AUP rule can ot work for guests.
So whatever happens if a guest has Adblock, he'll see the popup alert.
- If a member has Adblock and no points, he'll see the popup alert. If he has enough points, some will be debited from his account to keep the popup alert hidden.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds