[fixed] Uncaught Reference Error

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #40888 by mirphi
Using latest Joomla (3.8.5) and latest odometer (1.3.1). Everything else is up to date as well.
I am using the flexible odometer in two module positions on the home page of a website (jvion.com). Both work as expected but thousands of errors are generated in the background with each count. Message error is "(index):1604 Uncaught ReferenceError: od97 is not defined." Please advise on how to correct this issue. Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #40889 by nordmograph
Hello,
Sounds like a misconfiguration issue.
Please describe how you set it and share the page url where I can see the modules and errors.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 1 month ago #40899 by mirphi
Replied by mirphi on topic Uncaught Reference Error
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping it was setup related though the issue didn't when I first started using the counter. I did look through the other support posts that seemed related but no config changes I did helped. Website is jvion.com . Counter is on the home page only.

Here are my settings:
===============
SQL query type - additional value only
Additional value - 1523608
Font size - 40
Theme - default
Auto increment frequency - 3500
Initial value - 1000
Check ViewPoint - Yes
Offset - 100%
===============

More
6 years 1 month ago #40910 by nordmograph
I just added a fix to version 1.3.2, can you update and give it a try ?
Let me know the results.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 1 month ago #40933 by mirphi
Replied by mirphi on topic Uncaught Reference Error
It doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. I've updated the counter with version 1.3.2. Cleared cache, checked in two browsers. Issue still exists but the type of JavaScript error and line where it's found has changed.

More
6 years 1 month ago #40935 by nordmograph
The issue seem now to only happen when using the viewpoint checker. You might not need it for this autoincrement odometer. Can you try disabling it ?

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds