SQL error from Wizard mode

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42471 by BodgeIT
Hi,
Have to say I'm already frustrated after trying to get this module to work for something that should be very easy.
Simply display Joomla content limited by category in the timeline.

So having worked out what content I need using the wizard,

I get this:
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'fulltext AS description ,catid AS catid FROM #__content WHERE 1=1 AND catid ' at line 1

Suggestions: the wizard isn't very wizard like
  • Use dropdowns for column options. These columns are easy for you to get because you know what table I'm using. Start with that at the top of the form. Allow me to select the table from a dropdown too
  • Add special handling for Joomla's json embedded images. ie accept that content into an array in your code and handle it.
  • Show a view of the icons that you can use...having to guess only adds to the frustrating experience.
  • Show the final query from the Wizard and offer the chance to edit it
  • Allow me to save the output of the wizard as a preset for other

I appreciate a lot of work has gone into this module and for the price it's extraordinary value for money. I would however, prefer to pay a little more for something that made my life easier, not more complicated.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by BodgeIT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42476 by nordmograph
Hello

You can edit the helper.php

replace line 75 with
Code:
$q .= ", ".$db->qn($description_column)." AS description ";

I'll also add a lates article filtered by category preset.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by nordmograph.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BodgeIT

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42481 by BodgeIT
Replied by BodgeIT on topic SQL error from Wizard mode
Great catch, simple fix. Thanks for speedy response.

PLEASE don't limit it to the 'latest articles' , just category filter is enough or change it a little and just offer a selection of filter options for "Joomla Articles"

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42482 by BodgeIT
Quick question on the module, will handle content plugins like Articles Anywhere and/or Joomla Custom Fields?

EDIT: Plugins work .. awesome! Tested Snippets and Articles Anywhere.
Even used Articles Anywhere to grab Custom Fields(Repeatable Subform Field) and images. Bingo!

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42483 by BodgeIT
Also, no biggie but get this when debugging:
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$latitude in /templates/g5_helium/html/mod_flexible_timeline/vertical.php on line 95

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42490 by BodgeIT
OK, so I found the functions for presets. It looks like you are making your own dbase calls rather than using the Joomla content object? Just wondering why you chose to do that? Wouldn't using the object would make the module behave more in line with Joomla user expectation? I think this might offer access to custom field capability, right?. You could still offer the expert/wizard mode for advanced work. I suggest this as a feature request.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds