- Rule not working ? Check it is enabled in the rules manager !
- If you like AltaUserPoints , Thank you for rating it at the JED:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...stems/altauserpoints

Old AUP user manual needed

More
7 years 11 months ago #32700 by nordmograph
Hello

We are in the process of rewriting the user manual for AUP and the old one for AlphaUserPoints would be a good starting point. If you have this as a PDF file somewhere, thanks fr sharing it.

I'm not mentioning here the developer manual, as this one allready has been adapted to AltaUP, but the end user manual.

Thank you for your help !

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ListOrSwap.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #32782 by ListOrSwap.com
I think I made a pretty detailed How to Make a Raffle,

How - To - Add - Use - Raffle

To Make A Raffle Rule and Publish it!
1. Click on Alta User Points, Component.
2. Click on Rules.
3. Click on Raffle This rule allows to enable a raffle system. System
4. Select Category or leave alone or set to; Other.
5. Select User Level, I would recommend not setting this to Public as you probably only want your users to enter the raffle.. normal is; registered, which is what the default for what your users get assigned when they register.
6. Expires, I don't set this because I don't want the Raffle Rule to expire, but I set my raffle dates to expire, not the Rules itself.
7. I would set yes to all; Display Activity, Published, Auto Approved.
8. Click Tab Message at the top, enter message and select if to display it, if you choose, I would and do.
9. Email Notification Tab, if you select yes the user will get an email when/if they win and you can customize the message accordingly.
10. Click Save and then press Control Panel.
11. Click on the image with the word "Raffle"
12. Click NEW to make a Rule.
13. Enter your Raffle Description, Special Name and/or how many points is the "prize" or "grand prize" etc.
14. Category - Select Raffle if you have it or made it otherwise "add to root"
- Registration - Do you want your users or the public able to enter the Raffle? Yes for ONLY your users. NO for anyone.
- Multiple Entries - Can people enter the Raffle as many times as they want? Then Select YES. If you only want 1 entry per user/person select NO.
- Points to Participate - This is the amount of points that will be deducted (taken away) from EACH Raffle Entry.
- Remove Points to Participate - Do you want the "Points to Participate to be deducted from Users Points?
If Yes, then the Points to Participate from above will be deducted from the users account.
If No, then the user will keep the points to participate and will ONLY need the required Points. Remember NO, means they keep their points
- Number or winner(s) - 1, 2, or 3. - How many people do you want to win the Raffle? In Next step make sure they match!
- Raffle System - Select the TYPE of Raffle you want. I.E. Points - the winner(s) will get points if they win.
- Points to winner(s) 1, 2, or 3 - This is where you enter how many points the winner(s) Win.. Leave Blank the fields you DO NOT want a winner.
15. Raffle Date - Select when you want the Raffle to End.
16. Publish - Do you want the Raffle Published now? Select Yes when you want people able to enter the raffle.
17. Click Save. - - You will see your Raffle!
18. NOTE your Raffle ID! and make sure everything is correct.
- "Make the raffle now!" is only for when you want to have the winner selected at random. ONLY do this when you want the raffle to end.

==To publish your raffle ==

19. Create a new Article, Name is whatever you want for your Raffle, like Simply.. Enter Raffle
- Name the Raffle Title whatever you want, Like.. How much they could win I.E. Enter Raffle to Win 2,000 Points.
- Add your layout and description to whatever you want!

--== To Add The "Enter Raffle Button" put in the general editor, not the HTML, but; just toggle editor to make sure it is under the WYSIWYG editor

DO NOT HAVE ANY SPACES! Take them OUT, There are ONLY spaces so it will show up on the post :)

{ AUP::RAFFLE=1 } 1 is where the ID of your raffle will go, from step above, step 18. (NOTE your Raffle ID!)
{ AUP::RAFFLE=YOUR-RAFFLE-ID-Here }
If your Raffle ID is 25, it would look like this: { AUP::RAFFLE=25 }
- Save
20. Add a menu item (To Any Menu)
- Menu Item Type - Article
- Select Article (Name of the article from step 19)
- Alias I would recommend setting it to raffle (easy, simple.)
- Save.

You're Done!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ListOrSwap.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nordmograph, Hancel, Agbontaen, stargirl

More
4 years 1 month ago #44252 by cnayl
Replied by cnayl on topic Old AUP user manual needed
Just wondering where the manual is?

More
3 years 10 months ago #44509 by sketchalive
Good question!

More
1 year 11 months ago #45878 by stargirl
Replied by stargirl on topic Old AUP user manual needed
Did u ever release an upgraded manual? I read the HELP instructiins but cant get much to work (Joolmla 3 with CB, BUT DID NOT BUT the CB Package, must i?). For example ...

1. The specific aup menu link that shows USER ID, points value etc, shows data for a different user than the one logged in.

2. I cant figure out how to deduct points for users

3. I really need to change the label / field name from points to the name of ingame currency. I searched the entire code, and cant figure out where that field name is specified.

Thanks

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #45882 by stargirl
Replied by stargirl on topic Old AUP user manual needed
To ListOrSwap.com: i really appreciate the extra effort it took you to add the Raffle instructions.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by stargirl. Reason: It was not clear.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds