- Rule not working ? Check it is enabled in the rules manager !
- If you like AltaUserPoints , Thank you for rating it at the JED:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...stems/altauserpoints

Is it safe to upgrade

More
7 years 7 months ago #34951 by farukkm
Hi, i am planning to move to altauserpoints 1.0 from alphauserpoint Version 2.0.4 is safe to install ontop? also I was thinking it might be a good idea to create a group funding custom development project for altauserpoints points for example someone thinks of an idea of a plugin or module and "WE" the user can all contribute for the development of the idea

Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #34952 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Is it safe to upgrade
Hello

Yes it is safe, (always make a backup before though !)
Both use the same tables so you don't risk any data loss.
1 Backup
2 Install AltaUP
3 Applya ALphaUP component config settings to AltaUP
4. Remove AlphaUP

or you can also uninstall alphaUP, before installing altaUP without loss either.

Your group funding idea is a good one, any extension you know that would manage this easily ? :)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by nordmograph.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #34970 by farukkm
Replied by farukkm on topic Is it safe to upgrade
yeah you can try jgive or this one extensions.joomla.org/extension/crowdfunding which is integrated to kunena and its free :). i do have jgive but i am not sure if its compatible with kunena
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by farukkm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nordmograph

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds