- Rule not working ? Check it is enabled in the rules manager !
- If you like AltaUserPoints , Thank you for rating it at the JED:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...stems/altauserpoints

Initive w/ Success Rule

More
6 years 4 months ago #40648 by PiranhaPete
My understanding of this rule is that you can invite someone to join (via their email) and once they receive a system email request and they then join, the person who invited them then gets points. (in my case 5 pts)

Please see attached. The user who was invited is getting 5 pts upon registration (which is correct) but also getting an additional 5 pts (for the above mentioned rule). The person inviting should get that additional 5 points, not the new user..
correct?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #40650 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Initive w/ Success Rule
I don't understand your screenshot but yes you are correct his is the way it should work.
Note that when you register a user from the same computer as a previous user , the previous one gets the points as a referrer.
This maybe what happened.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 4 months ago #40652 by PiranhaPete
Replied by PiranhaPete on topic Initive w/ Success Rule
It checks against IP address? Yes I'm on the same computer (different browsers and users) testing this..I will try with a differen't computer and see what the results are

More
6 years 4 months ago #40657 by PiranhaPete
Replied by PiranhaPete on topic Initive w/ Success Rule
So I tested this again w/ weird results. I can only test this (currently) with someone who is already a member on my site. So I invite them w/ a different email address. They register a new account w/ the email address I sent the invitation to and their original account gets the points, not me as the person who invites.

I'm assuming it works for a new member who doesn't have a computer that has registered on my site but I have no way to confirm that. Isn't there a way to verify by JUST email address and not computer? What if a couple shares a computer?

Thoughts?

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds