- Rule not working ? Check it is enabled in the rules manager !
- If you like AltaUserPoints , Thank you for rating it at the JED:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...stems/altauserpoints

AUP for Joomla 4

More
1 year 2 months ago #45991 by ColinM
AUP for Joomla 4 was created by ColinM
Hi
Is there any intention to release a version of AUP component for Joomla 4 ?  I ask as a developer of jDownloads where we supprt the version for Joomla 3.
Thanks
ColinM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #45998 by abustone2
Replied by abustone2 on topic AUP for Joomla 4
I have had this question really long, and still from the developer/owner that I wish he is alive.

I ask as a developer of Joomla.bid

More
1 year 1 week ago #45999 by abustone2
Replied by abustone2 on topic AUP for Joomla 4
our site is really nearly finished migrating to Joomla every ready to go, but waiting for AUP I have a huge database on AUP

More
11 months 4 days ago #46008 by counterpoint
Replied by counterpoint on topic AUP for Joomla 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: sulpher, stargirl

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #46015 by sulpher
Replied by sulpher on topic AUP for Joomla 4

You might like to look at remository.com/downloads/Beta-User-Points/

Wow, applause for adapting the extension to Joomla 4! Is this fork already stable or still has beta version and is not recommended to use on live sites?
Thanks
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by sulpher.

More
5 months 6 days ago - 5 months 6 days ago #46121 by stargirl
Replied by stargirl on topic AUP for Joomla 4
This new J4 extension has a NEW NAME:   "USER POINTS".  (Formerly Beta-User-Points.)  Thus a new direct link:

remository.com/downloads/A-Place-for-User-Points/

It is still being polished up. I would consider it STABLE, at least works as good or better than the J3 Alta User Points. 
  • I have helped a tiny bit, but we really need more users to test troubleshoot and create bug reports.  I appreciate what Nordmograph has done - and many many thanks to him!!!   However, in truth, there is so much work to do to make it truly developer-friendly - which any developer knows is quite time-consuming, and even prohibitive when providing an extension for free.
  • You are welcome to help us fine-tune it!  But it does work so far as I can tell, as good as Nordmograph's Joomla 3 version, with some improvements already.
  • It should be usable in Joomla 3, but this also needs testing.
  • We especially need help with documentation.  I am working on improving the instructions so that we can know how to use and implement the marvelous features (as well WHAT DO THEY EACH DO?). So, if you end up figuing things out and could send a note my way, I will try to add it to the documentation. 
The developer of the Joomla 4 version ("User Points") is Martin Brampton. He writes:

>>> You are very welcome to experiment with it, and feedback is much appreciated. There is a lot of work needed to bring this software up to date, as well as make it compatible with Joomla 4. How far we go with it will depend on the level of interest and support. While development is incomplete, the component is a free download - but you do have to register an 'Observer' subscription in order to access it. When forking, I named the software Beta User Points, but some people thought this made it sound like a beta release. So I've changed to the simpler User Points.<<<

The NEW direct link is:

remository.com/downloads/A-Place-for-User-Points/

I can be contacted via my site at:  www.ST-Horse-World.com

- Stargirl

P.S.   Note that once you go to the link above, you may not see a link to download the extension.  If there is no link, nor instructions on how to access it, please let me know.

Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by stargirl.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds