K2 deliver points to author for clicks

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #32294 by
Hi,

Do you think, there is a way to benefit K2-authors with points for every article click/reading?
Example: a published article by author Steven gives him 1 point for everytime the article is read.
Or Steven gets 200 points as gratification after his article passes the 1.000 clicks/reads.

That would be an amyzing feature!
Cheers,
Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #32297 by nordmograph
The best way would be to modify the
'Spend points to read' plugin and enhance it to also make it reward the author.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #32308 by

Thanks for your answer. I purchased the plugin and I didn't find a setting to give points to the author.
Also I get this error (attached picture)....
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #32310 by nordmograph

nordmograph wrote: The best way would be to modify the
'Spend points to read' plugin and enhance it to also make it reward the author.

This plugin doesn't have an option for author, it would require to be modified (as I previously wrote )
Do you want a quote ? Email me with some detailed specs.

The error you get is because the plugin doesn't find the AltaUserPoints component.
Make sure the AltaUP component is correctly installed.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #32311 by
Thanks Adrien.
Would be great if you'd send me a workaround to change it so that it gives points to the author. Shall I send you backend access via email?

I installed AlphaUserPoints.
Can I simply install AltaUserPoints and it takes all settings?

More
8 years 1 month ago #32313 by nordmograph
Yes, but
1. backup before
2. uninstall AUP
3. install AltaUP.

AltaUP uses the same db tables. You'll only have to set the component options. ALl poits and rules will be kept.

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds