[solved] Manually assign points

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #34256 by Puirsa
Hey there!

Sorry if I'm asking something stupid but I can't seem to find the option to manually give points to a user from the backend.
Is there a way to do this?

I'll be using the AltaUserPoint component to reward people who do things for me offline.
Once they've reached an X amount of points they can swap them for a reward.
I want these people to be able to view their current amount of points through my website.

Thanks in advance!

- Arjan
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #34266 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Manually assign points
Hi

There are 2 ways (at least) to do this.
Using the bonus rule or the custom points rule.
Make sure these rules are enabled before applying these to a specific user in the AUP users list.
Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 3 months ago #36695 by meteo
Replied by meteo on topic Manually assign points
Hello
I activated the custom points rule to test, how I can assign special-points manually.
Then I selected a user, gave them points with text - but the points are not visible on the user.
What do I wrong?
Thanks, Markus

More
7 years 3 months ago #36696 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Manually assign points
Hello

Did you sync your users before ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 3 months ago #36697 by meteo
Replied by meteo on topic Manually assign points
oh oh ...... I activated "Bonuspoints" and not "Specialpoints" .... uhhhhh, sorry.
Now I activated both :-)
Thanks a lot!
Markus

More
6 years 11 months ago #38440 by skullboy74
Replied by skullboy74 on topic Manually assign points
I understand how to do both (Bonus & Custom).
My problem is that I want to be able to edit naming on the timeline.

For instance. Let's say a user (student) shows up to my martial arts class (IRL), and I want to assign points for attendance and input their points weekly.

I first tried assigning Custom Points (button) to the user. All went well.
However, I soon found that the user timeline showed [Custom Points] every time. Which might get confusing to some users. I thought I might be able to change the name of the rule, but then if I wanted to actually use a custom points and not be attendance this would not work. (Additionally, having descriptions rather than a custom tag is a bit for some to read with weekly attendance and other achievements.)
I would love if I could customize the Rule name field shown in the timeline (similar to the description option).

So, I thought that maybe I could create a rule (by copying custom and naming the Rule "Attendance Points") that would allow me to do just that - have an IRL attendance rule.
But soon realized that this just made a rule that must be triggered by an event and not clicking a button on the AUP user screen.

What are my options?
Hopefully awaiting your responses.
Don

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds