Possible to have back AUP Profiling system

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #36743 by sodaback
Is it possible to fix Alta profile system back to how it was on Alpha. I hate to have a HEAVY Database by installing a huge community component like joomlsocial or community builder (CB) just for a profile photo. its rarely used but it has some key features of obtaining points on profile completion which will engage users into wanting to upload or change a photo. I am avoiding all other third party integrated components as they all are just a waste of resource if you don't need them on your site. How to reinstate Alphauserpoints profile photo upload and profile completeness ....?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by sodaback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #36752 by nordmograph
Hello

We decided here (my decision, but consulted other users too) to remove it for good.
So unfortuneately. It won't be back.
I recommend using extensions for what they're good at.
AUP is good at counting points, ranks and medals.
Community Builder is free and it does profiling so much better than AUP did.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #36755 by sodaback
I understand. But lets say i personally need it back in my component? is it possible to get back that function? See the thing is i hate to have to install CB or anyone of those community components. i am keeping the website as simple as possible. I try modding the default.php in /component/com_altauserpoints/view/account/tmpl/ but i ended up with php errors ... any idea what i am doing wrong?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by sodaback.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds