[solved] PayPal link not enabled

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #39370 by aannika
I seem to have run in to a problem where if login with my administrator account I can access the PayPal button/link for purchasing credits but if I login with a "regular" user account the button is shaded out and not accessible. Have I gone wrong somewhere in my settings? Any suggestions are very welcome.

Many thanks
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39371 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic PayPal link not enabled
Check the menu item setting access option.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39372 by aannika
Replied by aannika on topic PayPal link not enabled
The menu link access is set to public and when a regular user clicks on the menu link the user is taken to the page where he is able to choose the number of userpoints to purchas. However, the actual PayPal button that takes you to the payment is shaded out and non accessible.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39373 by aannika
It seems to be the registration method that is causing issues. When I register a new user through the joomla core registration module, this user is issued with a referral id but when the user registers through Membership Pro, which is what I ideally what to use, the user is not issued with a referral id. Would the missing referral id be a AltaUserPoints issue or a Membership Pro issue and are there any ideas of how to get around it?

More
6 years 7 months ago #39374 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic PayPal link not enabled
Have you synced users in the AUP cpanel ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39375 by aannika
I must have had some gremlins somewhere in the system. After changing the configuration on Membership Pro to "generate a membership id", new users registering through membership pro are issued a referral id in Alta userpoints, even after turning "generate membership id off" again. So, it is all currently working fine again and hopefully the gremlins will stay away :)

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds