[off topic] Alphauserpoints does work correct

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #29862 by Dirk_at_NG
Hello,

I have installed Alphauserpoints Version 2.0.3 with Joomla 3.4.1 and have got a problem, which I have also placed in a Forum at " www.alphaplug.com " for alphuserpoints.

I have seen in thie forum that you as moderator of Nordmograh are occasionally also working in the alphaplug-forum. Therefore have got the idea, that you could maybe give me a hint for my problem.

Here my problem:
I would like to spend an amount of Points to users when registering and some Bonus-Points to Premium-Users every month. For this reason I have adjusted the rule for new user (Neuer Benutzer) and the Rule for Bonus-Points (Bonuspunkte (in German)) as shown in the attached Screenshots. As shown in the second screenshot „Konfig_Bonus_Points_02.jpg“ the bonus points should be spend to users of a certain level (Here: Projektanbieter_Premium).

The rule for the new user (Neuer Nutzer) seems to work, which means when users are registering points are added to the user. However the rule for Bonus-Points (Bonuspunkte) does not seem to work. There are no points added to the user, when I log in with the testuser. Als logging out and log in for a second time does not help.

Generally at the moment for me it is not obvious how this feature should work. Shall bonus-points added, when the user logs in, or should be a job started in the background which checks, if the user has got received his monthly bonus-points already.

Could you or anybody else in the forum please help me and explain how I can ensure that useres with special user level gets added some points every month. Maybe I have not understood the functionalitiy or I have to adjust something else in the system.

Best regards

Dirk
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #29867 by nordmograph
Hi Dirk,
Bonus points rule, is for the bonus points button in the admin users section of AUP,
Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 6 months ago #29886 by Dirk_at_NG
Hello,

thank your for the information. Is it correct then, that I only can manually add bonus-Points to a list of users?

I have assumed this now, but when I have checked this functionality in the backend of alphauserpoints by selecting all users and pressing the button <Bonus> (see also screenshot "Add_Bonus_Points_in_Backend_01.jpg") the system simply adds an amount of 200 points to all users except to the administrator for several times.

This is somehow possible although I have allowed bonus points in the configuration of the bonus-rule only for users of "Projektanbieter_Premium"-Level (see also screenshot "Add_Bonus_Points_in_Backend_02.jpg"). Only one example-User "Thomas Projekt" is assigned to "Projektanbieter_Premium"-Level. Besides I have added Method "Once per month per user".

I would have expected that only to the user with Premium_Level points are added and after the first addition no further points are added anymore (because of the method "once per month per user"). But when I select all users, points could be added to all users except admin_user for several times. Have I maybe not understood how the system works here or is this maybe an error. I would be really happy about some advice.

Dirk
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #29890 by nordmograph
Dirk, you should post this in the AUP forum.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds