Category selection

More
6 years 7 months ago #39715 by Iganmich
Category selection was created by Iganmich
Dear Adrian

me Igan again. I integrated now the Community Plugin for Virtuemart and want to achieve that only pre selected categories are shown

I know that there is the possibility to select than on the map but this is not what I need.

lets say two vm cagetogies with subcategoires and a lot of prodcuts needs to displayed

On a map i want see all the cities so one module with a map and VM vontent shwoing only cities and on another module with a map and vm content only showing trips

I am not able to filter the twp main level one categories and i see on both maps all content

Please advice
Here are two links to the web site
www.staging1.xamadu.com/browse-cities/europe/france

show France map but also other categories

Thank you Igan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39716 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Category selection
Well, if I add the setting to the plugin, the same value will be set to both your maps.
What I suggest is to allow to set it as a GET value in the page URL.
Like &virtuemart_category_id=9
What do you think?

The advantage of this is that when set on Virtuemart category pages, it will automatically filter the map per product category.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 6 months ago #39804 by Iganmich
Replied by Iganmich on topic Category selection
Adrian, sounds like a solution but with sef urls what i use can be a problem
Is it not possible to the the module which level one VM categorizes to use.

so a selection of categories selected could help

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds