Share4 Points is an extension to reward users with points for effective shares. www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...egory_id=8&Itemid=58

[fixed] No Popup, No Message, No Points.

More
7 years 9 months ago #34461 by ListOrSwap.com
Sorry Adrien, I didn't mean to come across badly.

I used a different domain and installed Joomla with no template just AUP and share extension. With an old Facebook APP. It worked

I tried on another domain with a different template and it didn't work.

I looked at all Joomla modules and plugin and nothing seems to be working but I am still trying.

I think because of the two failed attempts on templates that do not come with Joomla, there might be a problem with share working on different templates but I will install the template on the domain I got to work with no other plugins or components to see if it's the issue.

I will keep you posted.

Kyle :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #34464 by ListOrSwap.com
I found the problem! I was right all along! Give me a cookie :)

Sorry again for you thinking I was angry, I just am drained trying to fix this problem and get it to work.

I have another domain, the one where I installed Fresh Copy of Joomla, then I tested, it worked. Then installed template, still worked.
So then I created a new Facebook APP and added the ID and Secret and it stopped working.

Again this is was on a fresh installation of Joomla, different website.
It WAS Working with OLD Facebook APP
Made NEW Facebook APP, Stopped working.

I tested over and over and over and it all came down to the OLD APP worked, NEW APP did not :)

Share4 Points only works with OLD API, not the new 2.7 API.

I used my old Facebook APP (old API) and it worked.

I then switched it to New Facebook APP (Newest API) and it stopped working!

So let me know when you've created a New Facebook APP and get Share4 Points to work :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #34465 by ListOrSwap.com
Also when testing it on the website that actually worked with OLD API (Old API APP) when a page is shared more than once with rule, 'Only once per user.' Facebook in message is replaced with "%1$s"

Screenshot attached.
Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #34467 by nordmograph

ListOrSwap.com wrote: Also when testing it on the website that actually worked with OLD API (Old API APP) when a page is shared more than once with rule, 'Only once per user.' Facebook in message is replaced with "%1$s"

Screenshot attached.

Thanks this is now fixed in 1.0.2

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ListOrSwap.com

More
7 years 9 months ago #34468 by nordmograph
Hmm I see, I'll give it more testings and provide a fix ASAP.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 9 months ago #34470 by ListOrSwap.com
Also on the mobile version it opens a new tab and then user has to clothes that Tab to continue back to site.

Do you think you can make it to where if it does open a new tab and the complete posting to Facebook that the Tab will close automatically?

Thanks Adrien!

Can't wait to an installation how to video and review!

:)

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds