[solved] Easysocial notifications

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #36794 by Beany
Is there any way that we can get a gift notification via the normal Easysocial notifications system?
That way the gifts can be easily managed, email notifications sent etc.
The current mode of plugin/popup is a bit intrusive
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #36795 by nordmograph
Yes , there is an 'EasySocial Notifications' field in the component options:
Enable EasySocial Notifications. Note: jGifts comes with its own mod_jgifts_notify module, but if you want emails to be sent or EasySocial notifications , you can enable this. Users will be able to enable or disable ES notifications for gift receival and sent gift acceptance from their ES notifications manager

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 3 months ago #36798 by Beany
Replied by Beany on topic Easysocial notifications
Hi again,

Yes I have that enabled on the component.
However, notifications don't get sent to the user on receipt of a gift.

I can't seem to find any option on profile notifications to enable or disable this
(I am using latest EasySocial 2 with latest jGifts version)

More
7 years 3 months ago #36799 by nordmograph
Here is what you should get:

The conditions for this to happen is to make sure the jgifts profile manager is easysocial and that es notifications are enabled in the same jGifts configuration options page.

Also check global and user privacy settings for notifications.
Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 months ago #36800 by Beany
Replied by Beany on topic Easysocial notifications
Nope....I don't get any notification like that.
I have attached an image of the component settings.....as you can see EasySocial is selected and notifications are enabled.
All user permissions are set to off under gjGift options

I would prefer to switch off the jGifts module completely and only use EasySocial notifications
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 months ago #36820 by nordmograph
sounds stupid, but are notifications enabled in EasySocial settings ?
ES -> Settings -> General -> Notifications

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds