[solved] Easysocial notifications

More
7 years 3 months ago #36829 by Beany
Replied by Beany on topic Easysocial notifications
Yes notifications are enabled
I get all the other notifications, just not the jGifts ones.
(eg blog notifications, new events etc)
The module popup works, so I know the gifts get sent correctly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #36834 by nordmograph
Do you get the EasySocial Activity Stream for jgifts events ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 2 months ago #36849 by Beany
No.
Thought this wasn't available in jGifts so I haven't looked for it

I use the button on a profile to send a gift to another member.
On their side, the only notification they get is the module popup (the jGifts plugin is disabled and the jGifts module is used instead).
They can click View or Later then accept or reject the gift.
If they accept, its added to their profile.

There is no Easysocial stream update, no easysocial notification.
Everything else works as expected.

I get the same result with the plugin, except that with the plugin the popup also doesn't show

More
7 years 2 months ago #36850 by nordmograph
Sorry , my mistake, was working too late last night: There is no activity stream with jgifts.
I'm not sure what's wrong, Notifications work fine on our demo and other customers site.

Email me an admin account I can use both in backend and front end to test and debug these notifications on your site.
Use the contact form from the footer menu.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 2 months ago #36902 by Beany
Hello again,

Yes, setting the Easysocial alerts to discover new notifications solved the problem.
One one small issue left - on the notification the itemid is incorrect.
The notification URL is www.kiwiklub.com/index.php?option=com_ea...ut=route&Itemid=1680
However, the Itemid should either be removed or set to the menu itemid of 2761 (which is the menu to show pending gifts) otherwise the notification loads the homepage.

I can fix it myself but I'm not sure where that notification URL is located,

More
7 years 2 months ago #36903 by nordmograph
Good

It's in
components/com_jgifts/controllers/gift.php
line 250

But I updated the component for this, if you want , it should now get the Activities menu itemid if menu item exists, or ignore the Itemid parameter. Let me know if you tryed it.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds