Bug: Emojis get displayed as questionmark

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #44026 by kulturnilpferd
Hey there,
I have a problem that a lot of users that are using jgifts like to add utf8mb4 emojis in their gift messages. But if you put an emoji in there you get a questionmark.
I have changed the mariadb from utf8 to utf8mb4 and with jomsocial it is working fine but not with gift messages from jgift. Same in the description of the gifts. Even there it gets falely a questionmark that is saved to the mariaDB. Please help me didn't get the clue :dry:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by kulturnilpferd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #44082 by kulturnilpferd
Hmm, seems like I am again on my own here...

More
4 years 3 months ago #44084 by nordmograph
Hello
Can you give me as much information as you can so I try to reproduce and enable support for it?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds