Order age less than one day

More
6 years 11 months ago #38298 by sucolega
Hi, I want to notify my clients after 4 or 6 hours since the order was still pending, not one day.
Is it possible to set order age in less than 1 day? Can you guide me to do it?
--
I need to fully understand how the component works. I'll explain my situation:
My products are handmade and there are very few units and so I do not want to wait too long to notify my customers if they have not finished the order. I usually have between 1 and 4 pending orders a day. Preferably I would like to be able to notify at certain times but if I can not I can adjust to a fixed period of time.
How the component works? Every time the cron is executed all emails are sent? Or does it just launch the first queued email every time it runs?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38300 by nordmograph
Hi every time the cron job is set (for instance in my case I set it twice a day)

The script looks for pending orders that have not been reminded yet.
It sends an email to each customers that have a pending order for that time period and tags the order as reminded.
I'll have a look at the code to see how you can edit it to use hours as unit instead of days.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38307 by nordmograph
Hello

Let me know first if you understood the workflow, if you could have it working as it is with the cron job set once or twice a day.
I'll provide you with an edit for the config file and the model.php.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38310 by sucolega
Hi, sorry, yes I understand.
When the cron task is executed, emails are sent to users whose order was pending more than one day (order age).
Yes I need to notify my clients sooner than 1 day after their orders are left pending. I will set my cron job 2 o 3 times a day. I think that a value of 6 or even 12 hours is enough, if this is possible, of course.
Please, show me how.

Thanks

More
6 years 11 months ago #38316 by nordmograph
I'm currently adding the option to choose between day unit or hour.
As soon as you tested it successfully in its current state (with 0 day test option), I'll provide you with the new version so you can test it efficiently.
Let me know.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38322 by sucolega
Hi Adrien,
sorry but I do not understand you. I'm not sure what you're asking me... Sorry it is not my language ;)
Thanks for your support and... patience

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds