Reminder sent even when customer has a confirmed identical order

More
6 years 4 months ago #40372 by peterlondon
Hi,

I have a few examples when customer receives reminder even if he already has a confirmed, identical order. I have checked the settings for when to not send a reminder. I don't want to post screenshots and stuff here since it's sensitive customer data, any chance we can discuss this over e-mail? I did e-mail a while back got never got a respond, perhaps you have a better e-mail adress for this stuff. Let me know. Thanks!

Best regards

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #40380 by nordmograph
Hello Peter,
You can email me your clues at
contact@nordmograph.com
I'm using this component every day and , being also a recipient of the sent emails.
I never got a case where a user completing an order after a pending one got reminded of the old pending one, but I'd be happy to assist you and solve this issue for you.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 4 months ago #40393 by peterlondon

More
6 years 4 months ago #40396 by nordmograph
Thank you for your email
I double checked and could not find a clue in your screenshots.
Before sending the reminder the script makes these checks

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__virtuemart_orders
WHERE virtuemart_order_id > vo.virtuemart_order_id
AND order_total > 0
AND vo.virtuemart_user_id>0
AND vo.virtuemart_user_id = virtuemart_user_id

If this has a result, mail is not sent.

The query counts newer orders, wich amount is not null, and that has the same userid as the previously found 'Pending' order.
Basically, if the order is not the latest, it is ignored.

Regarding your screenshots:
- I guess the cron job did not occur before the second order got confirmed
- I assume the Confirmed order is included in the the OK statuses of the extension
- I assume the user IDs of both orders are the same.

I am clueless for now.
Except that if the customer made the first order as guest and second as a registered customer.
?

Do you receive a copy of the sent emails? When the cron processes ?
Do you use the synthetic dashboard module, is the pending order tagged as 'reminded'?
Is it tracked in the component revives:
administrator/index.php?option=com_unpaidreminder&view=revives

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 4 months ago #40487 by peterlondon
Hi again :). This keeps happening and it's confusing for my customers. Can you please have a look in my admin? I guess you can find the answer to all your answers there :). Can I e-mail you the credentials?

More
6 years 3 months ago #40496 by nordmograph
Hi

Yes, checking on your site provided a clue
About orders QCLJ011696 (confirmed) and BZZ3011695 (pending)
They seem to come from the same user but they don't.
The pending one was submitted as a guest (pan.... and....) , customer name not clickable (in VM orders management)
The confirmed one, submitted as a member (and.... pan....), customer name clickable.

This can explain the reminder being sent.
The script can not get that these are the same human being. So it can not find a newer order from the guest user, for this reason, it sends a reminder.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds