Order age setting not work well

More
5 years 7 months ago #42286 by sucolega
Hi, I have a strange behavior. The "Order age" setting does not seem to work.

I have set 2 (hours) in "Order age". My cron task runs at 10:00, at 13:30, 16:30... The situation is: a user starts placing an order at 9:59 when it is 10 o'clock, a pending order email is sent while the order is being made. It seems that the value of "Order age" is not respected.
When an order is pending, the email is always sent at the next execution of the cron.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #42288 by nordmograph
Hi,
The tooltip documentation on the cron job url setting states that your cron job frequency must be set on a once a day basis. Can you retest with it set as it should? Let me know your results.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 7 months ago #42290 by sucolega
Hi, ok I did not see it in the documentation.

It would be great if you could send emails several times a day taking into account a minimum period to send the email. From my point of view if a day passes or more the client can buy the product in another site.

Thanks Adrien

More
5 years 7 months ago #42301 by sucolega
Sorry for bothering you, but just like in the other post I wrote if this happened on my first cron job in the morning then it would not be the problem, right? Something is wrong with the Order age setting.

More
5 years 7 months ago #42302 by nordmograph
You're not bothering :)
I'm not sure about this one.
You should check the mysql server time, the order time (created_on in #__virtuemart_orders) set and compare.
You can also test with DAY as time unit. This is the one I use and it appears to be working correctly. (Not to make you switch to DAY, but to help understand why HOUR doesn't seem to be working).

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds